Saturday, May 7, 2016


these teosinte plants i started a while back have been hardening off out on the deck for a few weeks now and it is high time they were i turned some compost into the bed i had prepared ( which is now quintuple dug by the by...i will still be battling creeping charley all summer ) and laid the peat pots out in an approximation of their final positions...i opened the pots and planted...about twenty minutes or so...then i put cages around each of them to demarcate their territories and stave off the mower...they may seem like overkill now but in about august when these plants are taller than i am those cages will actually only be the basis of their support system...there will be much bamboo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment