Friday, July 10, 2015


forty-six days ago i put the alfalfa leaf cutter bees and their house out in a locust tree in the back jungle to hatch out in the gathering warmth and since the middle of last month, when the information i had received said they should have hatched out, i have vainly looked for a sign of them out there...hit pay dirt this evening when i saw two...this one, however, was the only one that would pose and i took as good an advantage of its good nature as i could...geeked...relieved...stoked...after the mason bee failure i was ready to pack my bee career in and move there is a bit of vindication in this...and fuel for an effort to both preserve any progeny form these bees and to obtain more next season...perhaps from a source closer to home than utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment